Darren is a professional magician in London. Maybe you’ve seen him perform at various cabaret and magic nights around London. Perhaps you bumped into him performing magic at a private party, corporate event or wedding. You might have Googled “devilishly handsome magician” and arrived here that way. Either way, welcome!
Darren is a member of The Magic Circle, The London Society of Magicians, and Equity. His awards include the London Society of Magician’s “Best Stage Magician” in 2013 and 2017 and Best Card Magician in 2016. He also reached the finals in The Magic Circle Close-Up Magician of The Year competition for two consecutive years in 2017 and 2018.
He’s an official performer at The Royal Variety Performance Afterparty and has entertained guests at prestigious venues such as Grosvenor House, Soho House, The Groucho Club, LouLou’s, The RAF Club, The Army and Navy Club, The Hurlingham Club and The Playboy Club.
As well as his impressive list of corporate clients, Darren is honoured to have performed at private events for clients including Jez Butterworh (Jerusalem, The Ferryman), Iain Glen (Game of Thrones), The Mittal Family and Dame Esther Rantzen DBE.
Gillian McKay• June 18, 2017
Darren is an ABSOLUTE star! We hired him to entertain our guests with some close up magic at our wedding reception in a pub in Camden, and he came through 100%! Most of our guests didn't know each other, and so Darren was great to break the ice by bringing together people to have a laugh (and be amazed) with his incredible magic! He has a wonderful patter, easily got people talking to him and each other and was great at remembering names so he could really get people engaged! He did one card trick for my husband and I that I am going to puzzle over until the end of time. And we have a great souvenir of it! If we have another party anytime soon we will definitely hire Darren again!
- How many people will you perform for?The smallest "event" I've performed at was for 3 people and the largest over 1,500!
- Are you insured?Absolutely. I’m a member of Equity, which includes Public Liability Insurance of up to £10 million.
- Are you a member of the Magic Circle?Yes!
- Do you do Children's Parties?I'm afraid I don't - most of the magic that I perform is geared towards an adult audience. That said, if you’re looking to hire me for an event where there will be a few kids present, I’ll be able to entertain them with a few things along with the adults.
- Which areas do you cover?I’m based in London, which means the majority of the time I perform magic at events in London and the surrounding counties. If you want me to travel further afield, I’m happy to subject to availability – my fee will reflect the additional travel time and
- What tricks will you do?Why spoil the surprise? I do a variety of different types of magic, and I promise you’ll be amazed, entertained and generally have a great time. You can get a feel for the kind of thing I do by taking a look at my magic videos.