We create and serve handmade ice cream in memorable flavours your guests won't have had elsewhere, like Blueberry & Spiced Gin, Peanut Butter & Salted Caramel, and Chocolate Orange. We can serve up to six flavours if your choice, and have options for vegans and the gluten intolerant. Our ice creams are made using Welsh double cream, and we have a plastic free policy for serving your guests, with a strong focus on sustainability.
We serve from a classic 'stop me and buy one' style tricycle, which also doubles as a fun wedding photo prop.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?You are free to choose any six ice cream flavours from the options available (a full list is available on our website). If you have any special requests, please do let us know and we will do everything we possibly can to meet these.
- What is included in the standard package?Handmade ice cream in six memorable flavours of your choice – plenty for everyone, including those who want seconds. Waffle cones, sustainable palm leaf bowls, wooden spoons and napkins made from recycled materials. Fully trained, smartly dressed staff. Set up and service for the agreed duration of the event (for most weddings and private parties, we find that two hours of serving time is sufficient). Use of the ice cream tricycle as a photo prop during serving time, if desired.
- Can I taste test the ice cream before choosing flavours?Yes! In most cases, the easiest way to do this is to pop down to Riverside Farmers’ Market, Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff on a Sunday (10am-2pm) allowing you to taste as many flavours as you like, from the selection we have on board. It’s best to let us know in advance that you’ll be coming, so we can have any flavours on board that you are particularly keen to try.
- Do you need access to an electricity supply?Our freezer runs from a rechargeable internal battery, so while having electricity makes our life slightly easier, it’s not a requirement at most events.
- How big is the ice cream trike?Our bike is about 238cm long and 94cm wide. At events where we need to put the parasol up (all events except those held under cover) the parasol is 272cm high and has a diameter of 270cm. We also need step-free access and no very tight corners (e.g. 180° turns in a wheelchair ramp).
- What insurance and certificates do you hold?We are fully insured with £5m cover each for public liability and product liability insurance, plus £10m employers’ liability insurance. All our staff hold current Food Hygiene Level 2 and Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 certificates, our premises are registered with Cardiff Council, and we are members of the Nationwide Caterers Association (NCASS).
Handmade Welsh ice cream, served from a traditional 'stop me and buy one' ice cream tricycle