I am a Church Chorister with many years experience of both solo singing and Choral singing. I currently sing with the choir of St Mary’s Church, Bury St Edmunds, lending my voice, experience and skill to the boy treble line, the Girls Choir and also as a member of the Ladies Choir. During my time in the choir I have taken both my Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) Silver (Bishop’s) Award and then my RSCM Gold Award. Prior to these awards, I took ABRSM exams in singing up to Grade 8.
My main areas are Choral and classical pieces.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?• Church services • Weddings • Funerals • Recital
- Who are your previous clients?• Church congregations • Wedding guests • Funeral attendees • Invitees and visitors
- How long do you play for?20-30 minutes, but it depends how many songs are wanted.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No
- How much space do you require?Space enough for myself to stand. Potentially enough space for a piano/keyboard (if there is not already one present).
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Potentially with enough forewarning and practice.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?5 minute break hour and 1/2
‘The Lord Bless you and Keep you’ by John Rutter
‘All the Bells in Paradise’ by John Rutter
‘For the beauty of the Earth’ by John Rutter
‘A Gaelic Blessing’ by John Rutter
‘O Holy Night’ by Adolph Adams
‘Pie Jesu’ by Gabriel Faure
‘From Heaven you came’
‘Be Still for the Presence of the Lord’
‘I the lord of sea and sky’
‘Danny Boy’ / ‘Brother James’ Air’
‘I vow to thee my Country’
‘Te Deum in Five by John Ireland
‘Hear my Prayer’ by Mendelssohn
‘Irish Blessing’ by Bob Chilcott
‘Can you hear me?’ by Bob Chilcott
‘Fields of Gold’
‘Panis Angelicus’ by Cesar Franck
‘Walking in the Air’
‘Once in Royal’
Christmas Carols - plus descants
‘Lead me Lord’ by Samuel Sebastian Wesley
‘In my Father’s House’ by Philip Stopford
England National Anthem
‘My little Welsh Home’
‘O Come, O Come Emmanuel’
‘I dreamed a dream’ from Les Mis
‘My heart will go on’ by Celine Dion (“Titanic”)
‘What sweeter music’ by John Rutter
‘Be thou my vision’ by Philip Stopford