My name is Carley Varley (That is my real name!) and I am an acoustic musician. I am a Dorset Venus Award Winner for Musical Talent 2018 and an Open Mic UK Finalist 2019. I play songs from the 60's to present day chart hits. I will learn songs for events if requested and I make all songs my own. It is just myself and a guitar but I can get a room dancing too. I love music and I really enjoy being hired to play music at events. I have been a full-time professional musician for 3 years now and I have continually been improving my craft in music and getting better equipment also. I have worked very hard to ensure that clients are happy with my service and that they hire me again for events. I hope to provide excellent service here also. I am PAT tested and PLI certified.
Ruth garlick• 6 Apr 2019
Carley was lovely. I had good communication from her before the event. All my guests enjoyed her performance and I would definitely recommend her.
Various Gigs in Dorset and Hampshire Establishments• 1 Jan 2019
Carley is an incredibly talented musician. Its just herself and a guitar but she can get a room dancing with the passion she puts into her music covers. I have seen her perform for three years across various establishments and at many events. Pubs, Restaurants, Parties, Weddings, Bars and Hotels and she amazes me everytime. Do not hesitate to book her!!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?It depends on the length of time playing for. If its two hours I require a 15 minute break. If it is 3 hours 2x 15 minutes as my voice does get very tired and singing for that long can cause damage without a break.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you email me and ask me I can make it my mission to learn it for the event yes.
- How much space do you require?Not much - I can fit in corners if there isn't much room. It is only my guitar and I, the speaker is large but fits in places quite easily.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have Public Liability Insurance (5m) and PAT testing.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA system. This is a three tier speaker, A Mixer, Cables for instruments, microphone and stand. I do not have lighting equipment.
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 hours but I have enough material for 4 hours.
- Who are your previous clients?I have been asked to perform at Weddings, even weddings abroad. Festivals (Such as Lymington Seafood Festival and Milford Music Festival) and I have been asked to perform at Business Events, the biggest one being The Ritz, The Hilton and The Waldorf for The Venus Awards. Previous clients have also hired me for birthday parties and anniversaries.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Birthday Parties, Church Events, Anniversaries, Festivals, Events at Bars, Restaurants, Pubs for private events
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings Birthday Parties Church Events Anniversaries Festivals Events at Bars, Restaurants, Pubs for private events
My set list includes - Adele, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Alanis Morissette, Bon Jovi, Elton John, The Killers, Cher, Florence and the Machine, David Bowie, Foo Fighters, Anne-marie, Maroon 5, Elvis Presley...