Candy & the Sound (previously Candy Spangles and the Green Oyster Band).
Great band. Excellent set list. Rave reviews.
What more do you need? :-))
Jo Benbow• 8 Oct 2018
Candy & the Sound were our absolutely brilliant wedding band. The dancefloor was full from start to finish, they put up with repeated requests of 'one more song', and they did the most amazing rendition of our first dance. Plus we got a fun little video afterwards, a complete surprise and such a lovely thing to watch after the wedding! Thank you xxx
Emma Wilson Crawford• 16 Sep 2017
What a fabulous band! If you're considering booking this band for your event then cancel all other choices, these guys are truly superb. And they don't just sound wonderful with a performance to match, they are punctual, easy to liaise with, and very easy on the eye too. Thank you Candy Spangles & the Green Oyster Band for making a very special night even more so!
Rachel lamberg• 15 Apr 2019
Brilliant band you wouldn't be disappointed they have played at both major events in my life and it wouldn't have been the same without them. Very talented x
Sammy Kennall• 14 Jan 2019
Highly recommend! Kept my guests on the dance floor all night! I selected this band for my 30th Birthday Masquerade Ball! Great selection of songs for all different ages! I had great feedback from my friends and family the following days/ weeks after to say ‘how good were the band’ so I know my guests truly enjoyed the entertainment!
Sophie Bullivant• 10 Mar 2019
"Wow from beginning to end these guys were just so professional! If you are having a do of any description you NEED this band ! The dance floor was rammed all night ! Great vibes and so entertaining! Bloody brilliant ! We just hosted our First Ladies night ! Nothing was too much trouble and they were really happy to
co ordinate with our other acts to make sure everything went smoothly ! If I could give them 100 - 10 star rating I would ! Worth every penny ! A real great find !"
- Who are your previous clients?The NHS, Channel 4, the BBC, the Royal College of GP's, Shropshire Young Farmers, The David Smith memorial charity, SIEB, hundreds of newly married couples, lots of people who have a reason to celebrate something, whether its a birthday, an anniversary, or just a garden party.
- Are you on social media? Can I talk to you on whatsapp?Of course we are!. You can get Candy on Whatsapp on 07734697184 and you can get Pete on 07789652270
- Can I see you play?Yes, but as we only do private bookings you won't see us in a pub anytime soon. But you're welcome to come to a rehearsal in Dudley on a Sunday evening
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Entirely up to you, but if we're playing for a couple of hours we either take one break in the middle or none at all. We're very flexible
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely, just give us enough time to learn it!
- How much space do you require?Ideally, about 5m by 4m, but we're very flexible and have played in much smaller spaces. We only need a couple of plug sockets
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yup
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, a state of the art PA system and great lighting for stage and dancefloor
- How long do you play for?Up to 3 hours, but more typically we play for about two and a half.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer, PayPal, cash on the night (pre performance)
- Who are your previous clients?The NHS, Channel 4, the BBC, the Royal College of GP's, Shropshire Young Farmers, The David Smith memorial charity, SIEB, lots of corporate events, hundreds of newly married couples, lots of people who have a reason top celebrate something, whether its a birthday, an anniversary, or just a garden party.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, private parties, corporate events, plus we do a lot for charity
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Professional management makes sure nothing goes wrong, and we're very big on interaction. We're usually out on the dancefloor getting people to join in, and we love it when people sing a song with us
- What are the highlights of your career?Helping people have a great time by making music, creating memories and meeting new friends
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Fabulous four piece with loads of energy and a set list that makes people get up and dance
Acoustic duo option
Full PA and lighting provided.
Recording of the performance for download
2 special songs learned
'Theme' options (Disco/Funk, Soul and Motown, 80s, 90's