Candy & the Sound
Candy & the Sound (previously Candy Spangles and the Green Oyster Band).
Great band. Excellent set list. Rave reviews.
What more do you need? :-))
Sammy Kennall• Jan. 14, 2019
Highly recommend! Kept my guests on the dance floor all night! I selected this band for my 30th Birthday Masquerade Ball! Great selection of songs for all different ages! I had great feedback from my friends and family the following days/ weeks after to say ‘how good were the band’ so I know my guests truly enjoyed the entertainment!
Carol McAteer• June 2, 2018
Band played at joint 50th party for myself & in-laws in Jan. It was an awesome & memorable night with guests of all ages up on the dance floor. My pre-party jitters were completely unnecessary. Thanks to Candy Spangles & the Sound!
Sophie Bullivant• March 10, 2019
"Wow from beginning to end these guys were just so professional! If you are having a do of any description you NEED this band ! The dance floor was rammed all night ! Great vibes and so entertaining! Bloody brilliant ! We just hosted our First Ladies night ! Nothing was too much trouble and they were really happy to
co ordinate with our other acts to make sure everything went smoothly ! If I could give them 100 - 10 star rating I would ! Worth every penny ! A real great find !"
Helen King• May 20, 2018
Absolutely amazing band. Candy is a fantastic singer and gets everyone up dancing. They played at my son and daughter in laws wedding and would definitely recommend them.
Wendy Amanda• Feb. 4, 2019
Brilliant band, real floor fillers guaranteed, an event or party you definitely won't forget! Thanks so much for two great events now! xxx
Tim Berg• Feb. 5, 2019
Our 2nd time out with Candy and the Sound and we are as impressed as ever. So professional and took a lot of stress out of the equation, the band were there and set up before we were. The sound was amazing also, you can tell that there is no expense spared as everything sounded amazing and the chemistry is spot on. You really do get what you pay for sometimes and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend, we`ll have you back for sure, just need an occasion! thanks so much guys. xxx
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Fabulous four piece with loads of energy and a set list that makes people get up and dance
- What are the highlights of your career?Helping people have a great time by making music, creating memories and meeting new friends
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Professional management makes sure nothing goes wrong, and we're very big on interaction. We're usually out on the dancefloor getting people to join in, and we love it when people sing a song with us
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, private parties, corporate events, plus we do a lot for charity
- Who are your previous clients?The NHS, Channel 4, the BBC, the Royal College of GP's, Shropshire Young Farmers, The David Smith memorial charity, SIEB, hundreds of newly married couples, lots of people who have a reason to celebrate something, whether its a birthday, an anniversary, or just a garden party.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer, PayPal, cash on the night (pre performance)
- How long do you play for?Up to 3 hours, but more typically we play for about two and a half.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, a state of the art PA system and great lighting for stage and dancefloor
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yup
- How much space do you require?Ideally, about 5m by 4m, but we're very flexible and have played in much smaller spaces. We only need a couple of plug sockets
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely, just give us enough time to learn it!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Entirely up to you, but if we're playing for a couple of hours we either take one break in the middle or none at all. We're very flexible
- Can I see you play?Yes, but as we only do private bookings you won't see us in a pub anytime soon. But you're welcome to come to a rehearsal in Dudley on a Sunday evening
- Are you on social media? Can I talk to you on whatsapp?Of course we are!. You can get Candy on Whatsapp on 07734697184 and you can get Pete on 07789652270
Acoustic duo option
Full PA and lighting provided.
Recording of the performance for download
2 special songs learned
'Theme' options (Disco/Funk, Soul and Motown, 80s, 90's
Massive set list (over 120 tracks) with new stuff coming on all the time