Candy & the Sound (previously Candy Spangles and the Green Oyster Band).
Great band. Excellent set list. Rave reviews.
What more do you need? :-))
Rachel lamberg• April 15, 2019
Brilliant band you wouldn't be disappointed they have played at both major events in my life and it wouldn't have been the same without them. Very talented x
Kate Leather• March 19, 2019
Amazing band!!! They played at our wedding and we were thrilled to bits with them. They helped make our special day even more memorable. The dance floor was always full, amazing atmosphere and they played songs that spanned the ages and appealed to all - such good fun and highly entertaining. Our wedding guests raved about them and if we need a band for another event we’ll definitely use them again! Highly recommend.
Sophie Bullivant• March 10, 2019
"Wow from beginning to end these guys were just so professional! If you are having a do of any description you NEED this band ! The dance floor was rammed all night ! Great vibes and so entertaining! Bloody brilliant ! We just hosted our First Ladies night ! Nothing was too much trouble and they were really happy to
co ordinate with our other acts to make sure everything went smoothly ! If I could give them 100 - 10 star rating I would ! Worth every penny ! A real great find !"
Joanne Hunt• Feb. 26, 2019
Oh Wow, we had such a brilliant night. Talented band who bought such a great atmosphere with them and Candy made everyone's night special, wow what a singer and performer! Thank you for being a joy from set up to pack down x
Gavin Thomas• Feb. 25, 2019
They played my friends wedding last night and were absolutely phenomenal. Just one more dance... Ooh, I love this one. That was my night. A great talent and a fantastic atmosphere to boot. I would definitely recommend.
Wayne Palmer• Feb. 5, 2019
Good fun band with a wide spectrum of music for all ages and tastes, met these at our friends birthday party and everyone commented what a great night they had, with a few blisters thrown in with all the dancing. I can easily recommend Candy and The Sound
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Fabulous four piece with loads of energy and a set list that makes people get up and dance
- What are the highlights of your career?Helping people have a great time by making music, creating memories and meeting new friends
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Professional management makes sure nothing goes wrong, and we're very big on interaction. We're usually out on the dancefloor getting people to join in, and we love it when people sing a song with us
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, private parties, corporate events, plus we do a lot for charity
- Who are your previous clients?The NHS, Channel 4, the BBC, the Royal College of GP's, Shropshire Young Farmers, The David Smith memorial charity, SIEB, hundreds of newly married couples, lots of people who have a reason to celebrate something, whether its a birthday, an anniversary, or just a garden party.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer, PayPal, cash on the night (pre performance)
- How long do you play for?Up to 3 hours, but more typically we play for about two and a half.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, a state of the art PA system and great lighting for stage and dancefloor
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yup
- How much space do you require?Ideally, about 5m by 4m, but we're very flexible and have played in much smaller spaces. We only need a couple of plug sockets
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely, just give us enough time to learn it!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Entirely up to you, but if we're playing for a couple of hours we either take one break in the middle or none at all. We're very flexible
- Can I see you play?Yes, but as we only do private bookings you won't see us in a pub anytime soon. But you're welcome to come to a rehearsal in Dudley on a Sunday evening
- Are you on social media? Can I talk to you on whatsapp?Of course we are!. You can get Candy on Whatsapp on 07734697184 and you can get Pete on 07789652270
Acoustic duo option
Full PA and lighting provided.
Recording of the performance for download
2 special songs learned
'Theme' options (Disco/Funk, Soul and Motown, 80s, 90's
Massive set list (over 120 tracks) with new stuff coming on all the time