Camino Sonoro Jazz Band comprises of classically trained singer, and jazz vocalist, Hetty Loxston, exceptional Spanish and Jazz guitarist Miguel Luque, brilliant sax/clarinet player Steph Legg and the talented rhythm section of Italian drummer Emanuela Monni and Spanish Double bassist Artur Matheu.
Combining a love of the nostalgia and the glitz and glam of times gone by they recreate the sounds of the swinging jazz age 1920s-40s with enticing vintage latin beats.
The band performs in a variety of line-ups to suit your special occasion.
Suitable for elegant background music, wedding ceremonies and drinks receptions:
Duo (vocals) - Lead Vocals and Jazz and / or Spanish Guitar
Duo (instrumental) - Saxophone and Jazz and / or Spanish Guitar
Trio (vocals) - Vocals, Guitar and Double Bass or Saxophone
Trio (instrumental) - Saxophone, Jazz and / or Spanish Guitar and Double Bass
Quartet - Vocals, Guitar, Double Bass, Saxophone
Suitable to get your guests on their dancing feet:
Quartet - Vocals, Guitar, Double Bass, Drums
Quintet - Vocals, Guitar, Double Bass, Saxophone and Drums
Sextet - Vocals, Guitar, Double Bass, Saxophone, Clarinet and Drums
Jeya Balakrishna• March 24, 2017
"One sunny evening on a terrace overlooking the lovely grounds of Hanbury Manor, easy jazz notes flowed melodiously out of the conservatory - Camino Sonoro were in residence, creating an ambience which added so much warmth to
the good company of friends with whom we celebrated our wedding anniversary. Our guests and family were charmed by Hetty's commanding vocals, Miguel's languid guitar and Ronan's mellow saxophone. 'Girl from Ipanema' brought smiles to many faces, 'My baby just cares for me' was delivered with casual confidence, and later on, many of us delighted in recognising Hetty's lovely rendition of 'I wanna be like you' - from The Jungle Book! It was a very special evening for us, and my family and I are thrilled that Camino Sonoro captured the mood perfectly with their unique style of swing and Latin jazz. The trio are truly relaxed, adaptable and versatile. I have no hesitation in commending Camino Sonoro to anyone seeking the perfect musical complement to their special occasion."
Nick Wade• Jan. 11, 2019
I just wanted to thank you for such a wonderful performance last night. You sang and played beautifully, and you could see from her emotion how much it meant to Kate - especially the songs that you had so carefully prepared for her. Thank you! It was really rewarding. You were all delightful to work with! With best wishes, and I hope that I'll be able to hear Camino Sonoro again soon, Nick
Andrew• July 8, 2018
Dear Camino Sonoro gorgeous band! You were absolutely marvellous at our party at home and how everyone has been raving about you since then. Everyone commented on your unique trans-generational appeal. You are loved by all! Thank you so so much!! And you allowed our daughter to improvise with you - it was marvellous. :))
Miri Gellert• July 7, 2018
Camino Sonoro - gorgeous in every way! They were so tight together and have such a wonderful fee - and they even let me sing a couple of numbers with them! So many guests commented on how fantastic they all were and how beautiful Hetty's voice is. Thank you Camino Sonoro! XXX
Ian Fishman• July 1, 2018
Love these guys. They were recommended by my daughter's singing teacher and were the icing on the cake. I loved their repertoire. Sleeky sultry smooth cool jazz played unobtrusively whilst we all basked in the sunshine. Hetty has a lovely range ably supported by Miguel on guitar and Stephanie on saxophone. I have no hesitation in recommending them.Wishing you every success !! 10/10
Lina• Oct. 27, 2017
We hired Homerton college for a dinner venue and were lucky to have Camino Sonoro perform for our clients. From the beginning they were very professional to deal with and performed beautiful sets ideal as a background jazz music. Our guests were complimenting the group and especially Heather's singing voice. We had an international group and some of our Spanish customers loved Spanish songs. Definitely recommend! 10/10
Services From Roaring '20s Jazz Band
Duo (Vocals & Guitar) - 2 x 45 Minutes
Trio (Vocals, Guitar & Saxophone) - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Jazz, Swing, Latin Jazz and Pop songs with a Vintage twist
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We pride ourselves on a very personalised service. Please don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss with us the performance you require to make your event a special one.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wedding receptions, Garden Parties, Birthday and Anniversary celebrations, Corporate events
- Who are your previous clients?Various private events
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept payment by bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?We normally play for 2 sets of 45 minutes each with a short break but this can be extended to suit the needs of the client
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We provide a PA system for up to 150 guests free of charge.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?The space we require will depend on the line-up option you require. Normally this is around 2 x 3 metres squared.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are happy to cater for special requests if you let us know in advance of our performance. We include up to three special requests as part of our service.
Please get in touch with us for a full repertoire list. Our repertoire list is not exclusive and we include up 3 special requests as part of our performance package.
Or setlist includes:
All of me
Cheek to cheek
Close your eyes
Come rain or come shine
Dream a little dream of me
Fly me to the moon
Girl From Ipanema
I found my love in Portofino
I get a kick out of you
I wanna be like you
I've got the world on a string
Just you, Just me
Lullaby of Birdland
Mas Que Nada
Mean to me
My Baby Just Cares For Me
My favorite things
My funny valentine
One Note Samba
On the Sunny Side of the Street
Puttin on the ritz
Quando, Quando, Quando
Quisaz, Quisaz, Quisaz
Sing sing sing
So Nice (Summer Samba)
Una Notte a Napoli
Waters of March
Whatever Lola wants
Why don't you do right?