The Bristol Sea Slugs are a four piece Shanty/Folk band based as their name suggests in the port city of Bristol.
The Story goes...
Four friends in March 2018 decided 'let's get together and sing some sea shanties'... next came Guitar, Bass, Cajon and Fiddle... somewhere along the line harmonies evolved... then there was RUM... then came MORE RUM! next came the nicknames... not forgetting a hare brained restoration project on a dinghy aptly named 'cabbage' to bear us out to sea...
The Bristol Sea Slugs specialise in Sea Shanties, Folk instrumental music, Drinking songs as well as creating their own music... strongly influenced by what they are drinking at the time. Their unique style and sound lovingly known as 'nautical nonsense' is as heart-warming as it is infectious. Above all else their sense of friendship and comradery shines through, without a doubt they'll have you raising a glass or two with them.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 break of 20-30 minutes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With sufficient time ahead of the booking this shouldnt be a problem.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We own our own PA system
- What are the highlights of your career?Supporting Wildwood Kin as part of their annual Christmas Party at the Exeter Cavern
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Bristol Sea Slugs are a four piece Shanty/Folk band based in Bristol, known for nautical nonsense and heart-warming sea farring charm.
2 sets of 45 minutes