Jazz\Blues\Latin duo- newly formed group of experienced & talented performers Wolfgang Franke on electric guitar & April Skinner singer. Sometimes joined by the equally talented sax player Steve Marks.
Recent review 2018
"Wow!... Wolfgang is certainly a find! Your voice is sounding amazing... Looking forward to seeing you again at Swanage Blues Festival fringe" Anita Jardine, Blues singer & organiser
2018 events [Dorset]-
International Women's day, WAND, Dorchester, March 2018
Merley WDSME steam Gala, Wimborne, 1-3pm May 2018
Swan gin & ale festival, Swan Inn, Stalbridge, Sturminster Newton, 2-3pm, 30th June
Broadstone Funday 1st July 2018, 3.30-4.30pm, Poole, Dorset
Showcase event, Overcliffe Bar, Suncliffe Hotel, Bournemouth, 7pm-9pm
Swanage Blues Festival fringe, Oct
Merley WDSME Xmas event, Wimborne.
WDSME Merley Steam gala• May 20, 2018
"""Your music made the event a really enjoyable experience adding to the relaxed atmosphere encouraging people to stay"" WDSME Merley event organisers"
Swanage Blues Festival fringe• April 17, 2018
"""Wow!... Wolfgang is certainly a find! Your voice is sounding amazing, great natural vibrato, control,clarity,pitch perfect with sweet tone. Looking forward to seeing you again at Swanage Blues Festival fringe""
Anita Jardine, Blues singer & organiser"
Swanage Blues festival fringe• April 17, 2018
"""Wow, you have really upped your game! Wolfgang is certainly a find! Your voice is sounding amazing, great natural vibrato, control, clarity and pitch perfect, with sweet tone. Looking forward to seeing you again at Swanage Blues Festival fringe"" Anita Jardine, Blues singer & organiser for Swanage Blues Festival fringe event"
WAND International Women's day Dorchester• March 11, 2018
"""Thank you so much for your lovely performance"" Emma at Dorset WAND"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Small band [duo\trio] or soloist for events, venues, functions . Can be formal or relaxed.
- What are the highlights of your career?Jazz & Blues festivals, radio interviews, Highcliffe castle Summer Jazz, weddings. Recording with Matt Black [pro entertainer].
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Vintage Jazz\Blues\Swing & Latin options. Experienced.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wedding ceremonies & functions, local events and festivals, Jazz & Blues festivals, parties, events at pubs & hotels
- Who are your previous clients?Local festivals, private weddings & parties, local promoters [linked to events], includes Merley WDSME steam gala, WAND Dorchester, Flirt Bournemouth, local pubs, cafes , & hotels, Broadstone Funday, Wedding event venues, Branksome Community event, Ringwood carnival, Food & drink festival, Arts centres, Christchurch hotel and one of the churches, New Forest music festival, Swanage Blues Festival, Lyme Regis Jazz festival, Wimborne Folk Festival, Barrington Theatre Ferndown.
- How can event planners pay for your services?In person or cheque in post
- How long do you play for?At the moment we can do up to 1 hour but are expanding our repertoire all the time. We can provide music tracks for intervals as well though.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Own PA [PAT tested] but not lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?PAT tested yes. PLi arranged per event at mo.
- How much space do you require?There's only 2 sometimes 3 of us so not much. Some amplifier and rhythm bits with mics and speaker.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are open to requests in advance & will try to learn a song for the event.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually we take a break after 30 - 45 minutes depending on the gig. Breaks can be 15-20 minutes. 1 hour set no break.
- How far do you travel?Not realistic to go outside of Dorset & Hampshire unless it is for a large event.
Able to provide an easy listening background to functions & ceremonies or take centre stage. Would also be good as a regular live music act for local venues \ eateries.
April is also available as a soloist with backing tracks for other types of music- country, pop, soul, Motown, soft rock and classical pieces.
Sets from a minimum of 5 songs up to 1 hour [more with enough notice].
Don't wait too long
I can't stand the rain
Fly me to the moon
Don't cry baby
My baby just cares for me
You don't own me
Knock on wood
Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
Solo singer songs [above songs plus]
A night like this
What a difference a day makes
Love me or leave me
Fields of gold
Make you feel my love
Will you still love me tomorrow
Son of a Preacherman
Dancin' in the street
I only want to be with you
Bring it on home
Dream a little dream
Show me heaven
Vintage swing & trad Christmas songs including Santa Claus is coming to town, Let it snow
Audio songs listed are recent and sung by April with two featuring Wolfgang's guitar - Don't wait too long [Original-Madeleine Peyroux], Route 66 [Jazz standard original Nelson Riddle\Chuck Berry\Manhattan Transfer], Songbird [ Sandra Rae backing singer. Original Christine McVie\ Eva Cassidy.] & I can't stand the rain [Original Ann Peebles. Also Tina Turner, Seal & Beverley Knight].
Band\singer has own PA.
Mainly offer cover songs, but original music can also be done. Wolfgang has written latin guitar instrumentals.