Berking Mad is a long established ceilidh/barn dance band with caller and PA. Comprising melodeon, guitar and caller. The band has a wide repertoire of dances from very easy to quite difficult and slow to fast. The caller is sensitive to dancers abilities and believes a ceilidh should be fun and not a workshop. We always turn up, or, in extenuating circumstances will find a replacement.
Ros Brown• 24 Feb 2018
It was my son's 30th birthday party and the band were excellent. They arrived on time and set up very quickly. They pitched their dances to the ability of our dancers and the caller was really patient and godd humoured. I would recommend Berking Mad Ceilidh Band very highly. They even coped really well with the freezing cold hall (the heating wasn't working properly).
Kate Telfer• 27 Oct 2018
"The band were absolutely lovely, played brilliantly, and were flexible about timings on the day when not all had gone to plan. Would book them again in a heartbeat.
Thanks Berking Mad!
Kate Telfer• 27 Oct 2018
Arrived early and were patient and flexible when timings on the day didn’t go exactly to plan. Very lovely people too, laid back and a lot of fun. Everyone had a great evening!
Sarah James• 5 Jan 2019
The band were great - effortless skill from talented musicians, who hit exactly the right mood for the event.
Jill Donnelly• 12 Mar 2016
I’ve been Mrs Donnelly for 2 weeks now and I’m still smiling from how lovely our wedding was which is mainly thanks to you and your band mates.
Our family and friends and still talking about the day and how great the ceilidh was. The atmosphere you created was just what we wanted and you were wonderful when the singer didn’t turn up.
We can’t thank you enough.
- How much space do you require?The band requires a space of 3mtrs by 2mtrs. The dancers need a large area with a hard stable surface
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As many as required depending on event and length of performance
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash on the night, cheque or BACS
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Dancer friendly caller and experience
- What kind of events do you usually serve?weddings, parties, corporate and fund raising events
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Ceilidh band for weddings and other functions
A variety of dances will be used on the event mixed with local songs where required.
The band will provide full PAT Tested PA and Public Liability.
Length of performance can be negotiated and will ...