A truly electric four piece ceilidh band with fiddle, bass, electric guitar and drums, adding an exciting, modern twist to traditional ceilidh music.
Our repertoire is as long as Nessie’s tale and don’t worry if you don’t know the dances as we will guide you with full instructions for each one. Our dances are quite easy and you’ll have so much fun, even wee old Auntie Maureen, or grumpy Sam from finance, might be persuaded to get up and have a go (in fact they might even dance together!).
We bring the house down in all venues - from castles to canvases, from hotels to huts – in fact any event or place that wants to enjoy an evening of merriment with exciting music. A DJ is always included to play your favourite song for the first dance and later in the evening if required.
We like to put the ‘ding’ in ‘wedding’, and the ‘corr!’ in corporate’, so give us a call to make sure your evening will genuinely rock!*
*NB: Our music is much better than our puns!
Mark cooper• 6 Apr 2019
Had a brilliant night with the band. In the run up to it they were very communicative and on the night talked people through the dances and when it moved to disco time the music selection was spot on
Susan Robertson• 1 Jun 2018
Bass Rock (3 piece) were excellent, especially the quality of the music, but they were also great keeping us all right with the dance steps.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depending on how long the band play - up to three hours, we take one break (usually when there is a buffet). With four hours, we take two breaks. The breaks can be from fifteen minutes to half an hour depending on length of buffet etc.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes - either bring it on your iPhone/iPod/android device etc, and we will plug it in and play it through our system.
- How much space do you require?4m2
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- How long do you play for?Up to four hours.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Deposit to secure booking, then balance due four weeks before event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events, anniversaries, birthday parties, St Andrew's celebrations, Hogmanay, and any other reason to entertain your guests with the fun a ceilidh brings.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We play ceilidhs with a twist of rock thrown in too! And we give full instructions for all the dances.
- What are the highlights of your career?We were delighted to play for Lorraine Kelly's 24hr Ceilidh in September last year.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Electric ceilidh band based in the Central Belt of Scotland
We play the following dances and more, as well as bringing a disco as standard for the first song and any other dance requirements...
Scottish Ceilidh Dances;
Bass Rock Jig