Price from: £500
The price agreed on is for a full stand up comedy show, performed by full time professional comedians. Approx 90-120mins in length with one short interval in the middle between acts. Pricing is flexible depending on event/venue.
Full comedy shows featuring at least 2 headline standard comedians and an award winning MC
- It seems very expensive...Stand up comedy shows are not the cheapest form of entertainment but the returns can be very profitable for the venue. For example, a £700 budget show only has to sell 70 tickets to break even on the costs. Stand up comedy goes hand in hand with alcohol sales and the bar take/wet sales are far higher than than a music night for example. This is one of the reason for the interval, for the bar to make a decent profit also. For smaller venues, a 50 seater function room at a pub for example, the price can be lowered accordingly. Please also be aware that Friday/Saturday/December nights are the premium nights for comedians and prices will increase accordingly. If you wanted a much cheaper show then it would be possible to arrange a show with an "up and coming" act opening the show with a professional headliner in the second half. The acts would still be chosen from the very best that the UK comedy circuit has to offer and would have been seen several times by myself before making a booking. You may be able to get cheaper elsewhere but the standard of acts that I book is of the highest quality based on over 15 years experience working in the industry.
- Do you provide sound equipment/lighting?At present this is not something that I offer and the venue will be responsible for providing this equipment.
- How do I know the acts will be funny?Always a popular question! Comedy is very subjective so what one person finds funny, another may not. However, I will always work with the client to find out the likely demographic of the audience and book the right acts for the evening. All acts booked will have been seen by myself several times and I will always book the very best acts available who will have a proven track record on the UK comedy scene.
- What is an MC?A "MC" or "compere" is a stand up comedian who takes the roll of introducing acts and keeping the night rolling along. They will perform a mixture of interactive crowd work and pre-written material.
- How long is the act?Each show will last 90-120 mins approx. The show will be hosted by an award winning MC (who will also be a full time comedian) (10-15mins) introducing a headline quality comedian (25 - 30 mins) followed by a short interval for audience members to use the restrooms/visit the bar. The MC will then introduce the second half of the show (10-15mins) and bring on the second headline quality comedian (25-30mins). The MC will then wrap up the night, thank the venue, staff, performers and do any promotion the venue requests (2-3 minutes). Where possible the acts will do everything possible to promote the event on social media to aid the venue with selling tickets, using FaceBook and Twitter and any local press that the client requests.
Stand up comedy nights featuring 2 headline acts and an award winning MC.