NORTON GREEN CEILIDH BAND
Why pay pounds and pounds for a Ceilidh Band when you can book us from £280.00 up to £300
What do you get for £280.00 you get one lady professional accordion player with a £6000.00 accordion and a V3 Sound Box that will play all the instruments of a full band and myself the caller of 40 years of experience of calling, also founder member of a local Folk Dance Club.
We can do you a Ceilidh covering your evening of approximately four hours, doing you two spots of about an hour and a quarter with our break to coincide with your super or buffet being served.
Tunes will vary from traditional folk tunes, irish folk tunes,scottish and american folk tunes. We also play tunes between dances while the dancers are resting.
The caller will walk you through the steps of each dance before and during the music being played by the accordionist ,even with two left feet you will have no problem.
We come with all our own P.A. system that is always PAT TESTED and we have PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE.
Bridget Carter• Nov. 3, 2018
We had an excellent evening. Norton Green were very accommodating and fitted in well with what we needed. They were an extremely good band and everybody thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Laura Lawrence• Jan. 26, 2019
Form response notification
The following form has been submitted from your website - http://www.nortongreenceilidhband.co.uk.
Name: Laura Lawrence
Venue: Gateway Centre, York
Message: I booked Norton Green Ceilidh Band for a Burns Night Fundraiser and they were amazing! Everyone had a wonderful time, they made it fun and accessible for all and the music was fantastic. They were also brilliant at being really flexible and accommodating requests during the evening about the running order and other things. I would definitely not hesitate to recommend them 100 %. They were also very reasonably priced compared to many other quotes I got, but it is clear they just love what they do and enjoy sharing it!
Thanks Keith and Anne for a wonderful evening :)"
Lida Smith• Sept. 30, 2017
We had the Norton Green Ceilidh Band for our Church Harvest Festival Barn dance and they were very popular
A nice mix of ceilidh dancing along with some traditional dances, meant even the oldest of our congregation got to dance.
The arrangements were easy, Keith was very accessible and Anne is an accomplished musician.
It was a hugely successful evening and we would definitely have them again.
Linda Smith. Social Events Leader, St Mary’s Church Nunthorpe.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10"
Janice Newsome• July 5, 2019
Lovely people. Turned up when they said. Good music, only down side was the calling was not always clear.
Claire Windross• Aug. 18, 2018
The caller was difficult to understand when giving instructions. When we made the wrong moves, the accordionist stopped playing with an awful wail of music and we were made to start all over again. The caller kept insisting that men were required for the dances despite there being an 90:10 ratio of women to men in the room and sufficient women to make up the numbers. All in all it is safe to say that we were disappointed and eventually we just had to pay them and ask them to leave as there was very little patience or humour shown to us novices and so our guests were embarrassed and a little scared to go onto the dance floor.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Local Teesside Duo giving you a great night of dancing and music with a wide selection of sing along tunes.
- What are the highlights of your career?We can do a Ceilidh that would normally cost clients about £700
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?You get all the instruments of a full band in a £6000.00 accordion.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We can do weddings, Barn Dance, Birthday Celebrations, Hoe Downs, in fact any fund raising event.
- How can event planners pay for your services?No Deposit pay total; on the night of the event.
- How long do you play for?We do you two spots of about an hour and a quarter.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own P.A. system that is PAT TESTED and we have PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have Public Liability Insurance And our P.A. system is PAT TESTED.
- How much space do you require?Space required about 5m x 2m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?This can be arranged before the event.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One Break taken varies between Half hour and an hour.
We do wedding receptions, birthday celebrations, any sort of function, fund raising etc.
We also can do sing along tunes for older groups that are a bit reluctant to dance.