Andy Doonan is an accomplished musician, performer and prolific songwriter, whose tracks have been recorded by the likes of legendary David Bowie producer Ken Scott, and have featured in several TV shows including Hollyoaks.
Performances are always with feeling, humour and honesty, and have gained praise from Radio 1's Tom Deacon and Kerrang!'s Alex Baker. Andy is a versatile performer who plays cover versions of well known pop/rock/indie/folk songs, and is a reputed touring artist in his own right. His abilities have seen him play at prestigious venues and festivals, such as the London O2 Arena, Odsal Stadium, Chris Evans' Carfest, and many weddings and private corporate events. He has written bespoke songs for, and performed at many first dances.
Andy's powerful vocals and memorable melodies have captured the ears of BBC Introducing, who regularly air his music. He has played many BBC Introducing live sessions, and had his first National radio play in 2012 on Tom Robinson's BBC Ra...
Anne Pike• 6 Apr 2019
Andy was great, a real talent & lots of our guests commented on how good he was.
Susanne Marchant• 4 May 2019
I presume 5 is good. Andy was very good not only with his performance, but also he was very professional to deal with.
Tiffany Lawrence (Wedding)• 27 Oct 2018
Amazing acoustic versions of our favourite songs!! Thank you so much for playing during our wedding breakfast!
Karen Lobley• 6 May 2019
Andy was fantastic we are looking forward to seeing him again soon.
Tom Deacon (Radio 1)• 10 Jun 2011
Real assured delivery. Looks very comfortable on stage. Reminded me of Bon Jovi!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 break in between sets - 15-20 minutes, depending on client's preferences.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes! Song requests accepted.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Song requests accepted.
- Who are your previous clients?BBC Introducing Carfest (Chris Evans) Many private clients
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, bars and pubs.
- How much space do you require?2m x 2m
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?£10m public liability insurance and all equipment PAT tested.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Full PA supplied.
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 x 45 minute sets, but can play for longer / do additional sets if requested.
Dancing in the dark (Bruce Springsteen)
Don't stop believin' (Journey)
Mr Brightside (The Killers)
Use somebody (Kings of Leon)
Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)
The Greatest (Sia)
Friday I'm in love (The ...