Hello! We’re Amy and Tim, and we are an acoustic duo based in Guildford, Surrey. We’ve been performing as a professional acoustic duo for over three years, performing regularly at wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions, bars, pubs and private events.
Amy Matthews is an extraordinary talent who is no stranger to the stage. In 2015, Amy starred in the lead role in the off-West End musical, Closer To Heaven, and as Snow White in the Guildford production of Snow White And The Seven Dwarves. As a result of her belting voice, Amy was handpicked to perform at MTV’s 15th Staying Alive Ball in front of a star-studded audience, where she shared the stage with the pop-star Lianna La Havas.
Amy’s sensational voice perfectly compliments Tim’s guitar and the acoustic duo pride themselves on the quality of their repertoire. The duo performs acoustic covers of classic songs by artists such as Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and Prince, in addition to modern hits by artists such as Sam Smith, Adele, Ed Sheeran. Furthermore, the duo is more than happy to take song requests for special events, having previously provided acoustic background music for wedding ceremonies and even wedding proposals.
Melissa• Dec. 20, 2019
Fantastic. Highly recommend. Amy played at our wedding, everyone commented how lovely her voice is and the songs she sang.
Rabbi• Feb. 9, 2019
Amy and Tim were fantastic, they really got everyone involved and got everyone up dancing. Highly recommended.
Pews Bar & Courtyard• Jan. 3, 2019
Amy plays at Pews Bar & Courtyard once a month and she is a great singer! She always brings in the crowd, she is also happy to do any song request. We look forward to her playing every time!
Bryony & Ollie Yardley• Jan. 19, 2018
Thank you again so much for playing at our wedding, especially the wonderful cover for our first dance. It really made the whole day more magical.
Fiona Knight• July 18, 2016
We cannot praise Amy and Tim enough, we had them playing at our wedding while our guests had canapes and drinks and they set the vibe brilliantly. All our guest commented how great they were and our only regret is that we didn’t have them playing for longer! We cannot recommend them highly enough and we hope we get to see them again soon. Thanks Amy and Tim you were awesome.
Daniel Hall• June 11, 2016
"What can I say! I could listen to Amy’s voice forever! I would gladly buy the album if there was one! Not only are Amy and Tim an amazing duo, who kept guests entertained for the entire evening, they are also such lovely people. Even sharing the tambourine with a very enthusiastic guest.
I would recommend them to anyone having a party, wedding, festival, or if you feel like it, maybe just have them over and listen to them live for a few hours with no interruptions."
Services From Amy Matthews Music
Wedding Drinks Reception Acoustic Covers - 2 X 45 Minutes
Live Acoustic Duo - Acoustic Covers 2 X 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We're an acoustic duo featuring soaring vocals and live guitar looping, available to book for weddings, private events and more.
- What are the highlights of your career?As a professional singer and performer, Amy has been cast in lead roles for productions aboard Celebrity Cruises, as well as the starring role in the Pet Shop Boys' off-West End Musical, "Closer To Heaven." Amy was also hand-picked to perform on-stage at MTV's Staying Alive Ball, performing alongside superstar Lianna Le Havas.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We're extremely proud of our vast repertoire of classic hits and modern favourites which we've given our own acoustic spin, including live recorded loops to create the illusion of a full backing band.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We love performing at weddings but we're equally at home at private functions and events, bars, restaurants and more. Just ask!
- Who are your previous clients?Harvey Nichols (Knightsbridge), RNLI Tower Lifeboats (London), Craig Y Nos Castle (Brecon), Pews Bar & Courtyard (Guildford), Yiayias @ The Fox (Farnham), The Prince of Wales (Farnborough), Rise Hall (Hull).
- How can event planners pay for your services?We use an electronic invoicing system so payments can be made 100% safely and securely online using a debit or credit card. Alternatively, we are happy to take payments via bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?We are happy to play for up to 2 hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We can provide our high-end PA system to all events, unless not required.
- How much space do you require?At least 2x2m squared - there's only two of us :)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course, we're always happy to add new songs to our repertoire!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Our breaks are usually no longer than 10-15 minutes, but we're happy to play up to 90mins without a break.
Our standard set is 2x45 minutes, but we are flexible! We're happy to perform up for up to 2 hours in total.
60s, 70s & 80s
Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
Blame it on the Boogie – Jackson 5
Feeling Good – Nina Simone
I Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
I’ve Got A Woman – Ray Charles
Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry
Jolene – Dolly Parton
Kiss – Prince
Man In The Mirror – Michael Jackson
Nine to Five – Dolly Parton
Proud Mary – Tina Turner
Son Of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
Spooky – Dusty Springfield
Sunny – Bobby Hebb
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
Walking On Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
90s - 00s
Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
Black Horse And The Cherry Tree – KT Tunstall
Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
Don't Speak - No Doubt
I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) – Sandi Thom
If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
Johnny Got A Boom Boom – Imelda May
Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
Leave (Get Out) - Jo Jo
Lovefool - The Cardigans
Mercy – Duffy
No Scrubs – TLC
Ordinary People – John Legend
Put Your Records On – Corinne Bailey Rae
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Suddenly I See – KT Tunstall
Sunday Morning – Maroon 5
These Words – Natasha Bedingfield
This Is The Life - Amy Macdonald
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
Valerie – Amy Winehouse/The Zutons
You Know I’m No Good – Amy Winehouse
You’ve Got The Love – Florence And The Machine
Zombie – The Cranberries
2010s - Today
2002 - Anne Marie
Addicted To You – Avicii
Ain’t Nobody – Jasmine Thompson
All In My Head – Tori Kelly
Best Fake Smile – James Bay
Can’t Rely On You – Paloma Faith
Cheerleader – OMI
Ciao Adios – Anne-Marie
Clown – Emeli Sande
Domino – Jessie J
Ex’s & Oh’s – Elle King
Four Five Seconds – Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney
Fireworks – Katy Perry
Happy – Pharrell Williams
Havana – Camilla Cabello
Highs and Lows – Emeli Sande
How We Do (Party) – Rita Ora
Impossible – James Arthur
Jealous – Nick Jonas
La La La – Naughty Boy/Sam Smith
Like I Love You – Meghan Trainor/John Legend
Love On Top – Beyonce
Love Runs Out – OneRepublic
Loyal To Me - Nina Nesbitt
New Rules - Dua Lipa
Next To Me – Emeli Sande
Perfect - Ed Sheeran
Rather Be – Clean Bandit
Read All About It, Pt. III – Emeli Sande
Rehab – Amy Winehouse
Roar – Katy Perry
Rolling In The Deep – Adele
Royals – Lorde
Runnin’ (Lose It All) – Beyonce/Naughty Boy
Say You Love Me – Jessie Ware
Set Fire To The Rain – Adele
Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye
Stay With Me – Sam Smith
Summertime Sadness – Lana Del Rey
Take Me To Church – Hozier
Thinkin Bout You – Frank Ocean/Tori Kelly
Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
Treasure – Bruno Mars
Uh Huh - Jade Bird
Upside Down – Paloma Faith
Water Under The Bridge – Adele
Your Song – Rita Ora