Hello! We’re Amy and Tim, and we are an acoustic duo based in Guildford, Surrey. We’ve been performing as a professional acoustic duo for over three years, performing regularly at wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions, bars, pubs and private events.
Amy Matthews is an extraordinary talent who is no stranger to the stage. In 2015, Amy starred in the lead role in the off-West End musical, Closer To Heaven, and as Snow White in the Guildford production of Snow White And The Seven Dwarves. As a result of her belting voice, Amy was handpicked to perform at MTV’s 15th Staying Alive Ball in front of a star-studded audience, where she shared the stage with the pop-star Lianna La Havas.
Amy’s sensational voice perfectly compliments Tim’s guitar and the acoustic duo pride themselves on the quality of their repertoire. The duo performs acoustic covers of classic songs by artists such as Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and Prince, in addition to modern hits by artists such as Sam Smith, Adel...
Rabbi• 9 Feb 2019
Amy and Tim were fantastic, they really got everyone involved and got everyone up dancing. Highly recommended.
Tony Shultz• 5 Sep 2015
We had the pleasure of Amy & Tim perform at our wedding ceremony in the Mayfair Library, Knightsbridge. She sang three very personal songs to us, it was an emotional and impeccable performance by Amy and beautifully accompanied by Tim. We were all in awe, the registrar and his staff went out of their way to praise them also. Wouldn’t hesitate in recommending them, total professionals, great communication, you won’t be disappointed I can assure. Please book, it will make your celebration extra sp...
Daniel Hall• 11 Jun 2016
"What can I say! I could listen to Amy’s voice forever! I would gladly buy the album if there was one! Not only are Amy and Tim an amazing duo, who kept guests entertained for the entire evening, they are also such lovely people. Even sharing the tambourine with a very enthusiastic guest.
I would recommend them to anyone having a party, wedding, festival, or if you feel like it, maybe just have them over and listen to them live for a few hours with no interruptions."
Pews Bar & Courtyard• 3 Jan 2019
Amy plays at Pews Bar & Courtyard once a month and she is a great singer! She always brings in the crowd, she is also happy to do any song request. We look forward to her playing every time!
Fiona Knight• 18 Jul 2016
We cannot praise Amy and Tim enough, we had them playing at our wedding while our guests had canapes and drinks and they set the vibe brilliantly. All our guest commented how great they were and our only regret is that we didn’t have them playing for longer! We cannot recommend them highly enough and we hope we get to see them again soon. Thanks Amy and Tim you were awesome.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We're an acoustic duo featuring soaring vocals and live guitar looping, available to book for weddings, private events and more.
- What are the highlights of your career?As a professional singer and performer, Amy has been cast in lead roles for productions aboard Celebrity Cruises, as well as the starring role in the Pet Shop Boys' off-West End Musical, "Closer To Heaven." Amy was also hand-picked to perform on-stage at MTV's Staying Alive Ball, performing alongside superstar Lianna Le Havas.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We're extremely proud of our vast repertoire of classic hits and modern favourites which we've given our own acoustic spin, including live recorded loops to create the illusion of a full backing band.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We love performing at weddings but we're equally at home at private functions and events, bars, restaurants and more. Just ask!
- Who are your previous clients?Harvey Nichols (Knightsbridge), RNLI Tower Lifeboats (London), Craig Y Nos Castle (Brecon), Pews Bar & Courtyard (Guildford), Yiayias @ The Fox (Farnham), The Prince of Wales (Farnborough), Rise Hall (Hull).
- How can event planners pay for your services?We use an electronic invoicing system so payments can be made 100% safely and securely online using a debit or credit card. Alternatively, we are happy to take payments via bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?We are happy to play for up to 2 hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We can provide our high-end PA system to all events, unless not required.
- How much space do you require?At least 2x2m squared - there's only two of us :)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course, we're always happy to add new songs to our repertoire!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Our breaks are usually no longer than 10-15 minutes, but we're happy to play up to 90mins without a break.
Our standard set is 2x45 minutes, but we are flexible! We're happy to perform up for up to 2 hours in total.
60s, 70s & 80s
Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers ...