Comprising the talents of four young professional musicians Akina Strings provides captivating musical entertainment for weddings, corporate events and other special occasions across Berkshire and the south east of England. Areas covered by the ensemble include, Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and London. The group was established in 2010 by four versatile young musicians with many years experience of sucessfully performing at high profile events with other professional groups in the UK and beyond. The ensemble quickly established a reuptation for providing exquisite music with a touch of sophisticated glamour, making any event memorable. The ensemble has now expanded and is built on a core body of professional players all of whom have dedicated their careers to musical performance and music teaching having studied at leading UK Conservatoires.
Akina Strings' Members have appeared at many high profile events and prestigious concert venues including The Brit awards, The Royal Albert Hall, Buckingham Palace, The Purcell Rooms, London and Foreign and Commonwealth Office, London, Windsor Castle, Westminster Abbey, London, St David's Hall, Cardiff, Millennium Centre, Cardiff, The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester and the private residence of the Late William Walton on the Mediterranean island of Ischia, Italy.
Recent performances include:
Entertaining newlyweds George and Amal Clooney at the UK celebration of their marriage at Danesfield House Hotel and Spa.
Performing at the private Royal Residence Frogmore House set in the private grounds of Windsor Castle at the invitation of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award during December of 2014 & 2015 Guests included HRH Prince Edward and other performers included Katie Melua.
A four day corporate residency at the Royal Henley Regatta.
String sessions for Edition Records’ critically acclaimed 'Slowly Rolling Camera' Album.
A concert performance with composer Patrick Hawes, former royal harpist Claire Jones, soprano Elin Manahan Thomas and Aliquando Choir.
Rachael• April 19, 2019
We just wanted to say a huge thank you for playing at our wedding ceremony, it was absolutely magical. I couldn't have wished for better music on our day :)
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a professional string ensemble providing music for events.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing for George, Amal Clooney and guests at Danesfield House Marlow at the UK celebration of their wedding.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We make sure every event is tailored to our client's requirements so each performance is bespoke and unique to the event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, receptions, drinks parties, birthday celebrations, Corporate Events.
- How long do you play for?We tailor our performances for your specific events. We offer packages ranging from 1 - 4 hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We do not require a PA and require basic lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yea all performers are members of the Musicians Union and hold Public Liability Insurance. Certificate copies are available on request.
- How much space do you require?3 metres by 2 metres.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Are playlist is very comprehensive and we are happy to add new music by request (an extra fee may be payable for this). Please contact us to discuss.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For every 60 mins performance time we take a 10 Minute break.
- Can you perform outsideWe can perform outside but do require protection from the elements. Please contact us we are happy to discuss.
Our set list is vast and continually expanding. We perform music from popular classics through to Jazz, funk and pop we love expanding our set list so if you have specific music you would like performed at your event let us know and we'd be happy to oblige!