McVicker is a duo that plays acoustically or to backing tracks, playing covers that you would expect to hear at a party or wedding. Music ranges from 1950s through to current releases and tends to be rock/ pop. The band can also expand to become be a five piece. When we play to backing tracks they are very high quality and we pay great attention to detail to ensure that the sound is much fuller than traditionally associated with a duo.
We have played numerous pubs, clubs, weddings, Christmas parties and birthday celebrations and have so far got all of our work through referrals. We have been repeatedly booked by some large corporate organisations for various events including Towers Watson, Capita and Axa. As you can see all financial services companies booked by referral. We use a 1,200 Watt PA system which is large enough for most venues and we also provide our own lighting rig. All our equipment is PAT tested and we carry our own liability insurance.
Leon Varnals• 10 Nov 2018
Excellent, had everybody up. Peter and Dan are two great guys, easy to get along with. People danced all night, highly recommended.
Michael Morton• 5 Sep 2017
The guys were brilliant. They turned up in good time to get set-up, solving an electrical supply problem along the way. They played 2 sets of about an hour each at a sensible sound level, playing popular numbers which were well received by the party guests who wanted to dance or just listen. Peter and Dan were very pleasant and easy to work with and did exactly what was required, communicating with the audience and playing & singing to a high standard. I know at least one guest asked for thei...
firstname.lastname@example.org• 31 May 2018
"What a fantastic group, made our night. Peter & Dan are two great guys, singers and musicians, brilliant communication asked what music we wanted couldn’t be more helpful, honestly can’t say enough how great they are. Would definitely book again
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a duo that plays a range of popular cover songs from the fifties to the present day, acoustically or using backing tracks to give a full live sound.
- What are the highlights of your career?Winning battle of the bands at the O2 Islington "Mallowsteet Rocks" (winner 2013, runner up 2016) we raised £4,000 for Cancer Research in the process from ticket sales.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are very versatile as a duo we can play acoustic sets, loud rock sets, party tunes, and also switch to DJ if parties want to carry on into the night.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Pubs, weddings, parties and corporate functions.
- Who are your previous clients?Corporate clients: Towers Watson, Capita and AXA. Pubs: Too many to mention all but most popular at the Harrow Warlingham.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We have never used event planners before as we have never advertised previously
- How long do you play for?We have in the past played live music for up to 4 hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We can play in fairly confined spaces but obviously prefer a bit of leg room
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you give us enough notice and it’s a song that generally fits in with the genres of music we play, then it’s highly likely. It’s rare we do a Taylor Swift song though.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Normally only one, at least ten mins, its down to the event planner / host and we would work with you.
We can build a setlist to suit your tastes and can add requests if required, new songs are being added all the time but this gives you an idea of the songs we have played over the past few years..