Ferreira Brass offers a flexible package from hiring a solo musician through to symphonic brass ensemble. Ferreira Brass was formed in September 2013 by graduate and post-graduate students at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. Members of the group have also studied at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, Birmingham Conservatoire and King's College London, being finalists in and winning a variety of awards for both solo and ensemble playing along the way. Ferreira Brass is passionate about becoming a leading interpreter of the core repertoire available for brass ensembles as well as adding their own new arrangements and engaging composers to add to the repertoire.
The group has impressive credentials, with its members having worked with the likes of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Philharmonia, Royal Ballet Sinfonia and City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, as well as completing a variety of outreach projects and professional development schemes with the London Symphony Orchestra, the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, the London Philharmonic Orchestra and the BBC Symphony Orchestra.
As diverse as the repertoire they perform, the group's members have also performed at jazz festivals around the world, recorded for BBC radio and television and have played with some of the world's top brass bands. They also enjoy a variety of pop and session playing and regularly perform with function and ska bands across the UK, as well as being distinguished soloists in their own right.
Ferreira Brass is named after the Cutty Sark, the large tea clipper housed just outside the Trinity Laban buildings in Greenwich, which was renamed Ferreira when the boat was sold to the Portuguese firm J. Ferreira & Co. in 1895.
Alaine Berry• July 11, 2016
"You guys were brilliant!! The guests loved you, we loved you, the venue loved you. I still have the Thunderbirds tune in my head!
I would highly recommend Ferreira Brass. They are easy to deal with, very professional, excellent musicians and very friendly.
One of the best things about our wedding day, thank you."
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Flexibly-sized brass ensemble playing all genres of music as required by you!
- What are the highlights of your career?As a group, we thoroughly enjoy every performance we give! We are looking forward to playing in Southwark Cathedral in November 2015.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?As well as all being post-graduate level musicians, our key strengths lie in our enormous library of music and flexibility in size of ensemble, we truly can cater for your every need.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?With our diverse library of music and flexible ensemble size, we can serve any kind of event, from Weddings, Parties and Functions to Concerts, Festivals and more!
- Who are your previous clients?As a group, we have undertaken a number of performances for Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. Individuals in the group have played for the likes of: RPO, Philharmonia, Royal Ballet Sinfonia and CBSO and more!
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept a variety of payment methods, including cash, cheque, direct transfer, PayPal and more!
Ferreira Brass have an enormous library of music covering all styles...please contact us so we can tailor our set list to your booking! Some examples of our previous sets:
Example wedding music:
Mendelssohn - Wedding March from "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
Wagner - Bridal Chorus from "Lohengrin"
Bach - Air on a G String
Handel - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba
Handel - Hallelujah Chorus
Handel - Water Music Suite
A selection of some other most requested pieces from a variety of genres:
Berlin - Puttin on the Ritz
Berlin - Blue Skies
Bernstein - West Side Story
Byrd - Earl of Oxford's March
Carmichael - Stardust
Crewe, Gaudio - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Elfman - Batman Main Title Theme
Elgar - Pomp and Circumstance
Ellington - It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing
Ellington - Satin Doll
Fucik - Florentiner March
Gershwin - Porgy and Bess
Gershwin - Summertime
Holst - Jupiter from "The Planets"
Lennon & McCartney - Beatles Songbook
Lionel Richie - Hello
Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition
Pachelbel - Kanon
Saint-Saens - Carnival of the Animals
Sousa - Liberty Bell
Trad spiritual - Down By The Riverside
Trad spiritual - Just a Closer Walk
Tull - Olympic Fanfare
Vangelis - Chariots of Fire
Williams - Superman Theme