Based on the South Coast of England, I have been working as a professional Multi-Genre vocalist for over 15 years.
**** I am also currently operating a "Singing Tel-E-Gram" service providing clients with the chance to send a personalised musical message to a loved one during the Coronavirus Lockdown. Please get in touch to discuss further****
I perform regularly at a wide range of events including wedding receptions, private parties, corporate events, care homes, Masonic Ladies Nights, and other public and private gigs.
I am also available to book as a covers duo featuring live guitar - either as a fully acoustic duo, a jazz duo (with professional backings) or an easy listening duo (with professional backings)
I/we have performed regularly all over the UK and abroad, including the Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Dubai, the 'Don CeSar' Hotel, St Pete’s Beach, Florida, and private parties in Paris.
Copies of repertoires for both my SOLO and DUO options can be supplied on request.
Mandy Lefley• June 6, 2019
Debbie was fantastic and made the evening a fabulous night for our audience. We would not hesitate to have her back again
Cassie Field• Dec. 8, 2017
Thank you Debbie for providing such a wonderful mix of music for my recent party. Your jazz set during dinner was sublime - unobtrusive enough so that we could still talk, yet complemented the atmosphere perfectly and everyone has remarked on how you added an extra special touch to the night. The 70s and 80s party hits afterwards were absolutely fabulous, and everyone enjoyed themselves so much they keep asking me when I'm going to book you back again for another event! I'll be in touch soon!!
Helen Mathers• Dec. 2, 2017
We booked the JD Duo for our wedding in December - I wanted something smooth and mellow for between the ceremony and the wedding breakfast, and they were absolutely perfect. They played a lovely set of smooth mellow jazz and easy listening which was just what we wanted, and then after the wedding breakfast while we were all in the bar before the evening 'do', they played for us again, this time from their JD Unplugged/acoustic song list. My favourites were Midnight at the Oasis (always my mums favourite song) and their rendition of Britney Spears' Toxic. Absolutely fantastic! And such a pleasure to deal with :) If you're looking for entertainment for an event, I recommend these two 100% Thank you both xx
Daniel Watson (Santander Corporate Event)• Oct. 7, 2017
I booked the JD Duo having seen them performing on board one of the Thames River Cruise boats a while back, and I must say they were absolute professionals and a joy to work with. I wanted a duo to provide some unobtrusive background music while the guests were arriving for our black tie ball, and Jamie and Debbie were perfect. They provided us with a mix of acoustic guitar and vocals to start with, then a second set of music with electric guitar and backing tracks - things like Bill Withers, Lionel Ritchie, Dusty Springfield; a really good mix, and the volume was just right for the drinks reception. People are still commenting now on how great they sounded, and this is a hard crowd to please! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the JD Duo to anyone - they're great!
CJ Reeves• Sept. 30, 2017
A great evening! Debbie performed a marvellous variety of styles and songs from 40s swing and jazz to the 70s classics, all with great humour creating a marvellous atmosphere. The sound level was perfect - Debbie instinctively knows the perfect volume level for such an event, and everyone commented on how accommodating she was to all our requests. In short a great singer and entertainer, I am so very pleased I booked Debbie.
MIKE THOMPSON• Aug. 24, 2017
"""Hi Debs , thank you so much for providing the music for my garden party last Saturday. The selection of songs was faultless, and your judgement on volume was sublime - we could enjoy dancing and singing along, whist also still having a conversation! I will definitely recommend you to all my friends and family and we hope to see you again next year!""
MIKE THOMPSON, AUGUST 2017"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Fully self contained solo vocalist, or duo option - suitable for ALL occasions
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing around the world including Dubai, Florida, Paris as well as many prestigious UK venues.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?If you want an acoustic duo, as well as a jazz duo, as well as a party duo, as well as a background solo vocalist - just ask me. I can provide ALL this and much more.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Birthday Parties, Engagement Parties, Corporate Events, Dinner Parties, Wine Bar/Restaurant residencies, Public events, Garden/House parties, Private Functions, Masonic Events, Care Homes.
- Who are your previous clients?Fullers Brewery, Allianz Engineering, ITV, Park Resorts, Haven Holidays, Thistle Hotels, Macdonald Hotels, Best Western Hotels, HMS Nelson, Zizzi Restaurant Chain, Pizza Express Jazz, CityCruise Thames Riverboats, Harvester, RAF/Army/Navy Mess Events.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Preferred format of payment is cash on the day, or BACS no later than 48 hours before the date of performance. I'm afraid I do not accept cheque payments.
- How long do you play for?Each quote will be tailored to the clients individual requirements, but as a guide I perform live music for a maximum singing time of 2 hours. This can either be performed as 2x 1hr sets, 3 x 40 minute sets, or 4 x 30 minute sets across an evening. I can also be booked for shorter playing times, and these will be discussed at the point of the initial enquiry.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I am fully self-contained with full PA system of powered speakers and subwoofer (where required) plus 2 x floor flood lamps and 1 x 4-par can raised lighting rig available where required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I am a full member of the Musicians Union and as such have Public Liability insurance to the sum of £10,000,000. My equipment is tested annually and a PAT certificate can be supplied on request.
- How much space do you require?Approximately 6ft by 6ft is the usual required space.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If it is not a song I am able to perform for you (i.e. if its not in my range/I cannot source a good quality backing track to perform to) then the option to have me play the original version either during a break, or at a certain point before/during the live sets is always available. However, I always endeavour to learn tracks for clients as it is always beneficial to keep updating/increasing the repertoire anyway! :)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Breaks will be worked out in accordance with the number of live sets/how long you require music for across the evening/duration of the booking. Please get in touch at your earliest convenience to discuss your specific requirements.
- Full song repertoire/list can be supplied on request - both for Solo and Duo options.
- Available to book as fully self-contained Solo vocalist, or Duo with guitarist accompaniment
- I have full public liability and pat test certification which can be supplied on request.
- Each of the options are “Fully Self-Contained” and provide full PA and some stage lighting (where required) for your event
- SOLO BOOKING OPTIONS INCLUDE
Jazz and/or easy listening vocalist for restaurants and wine bars
“Miss Debbie C” - Vintage Vocalist (along the lines of PostModern Jukebox, Karen Souza, Caro Emerald)
“Miss Debbie C” - 40s/Wartime/50s Tribute Cabaret Show
“Groovy Chick” - 60s/70s Tribute Cabaret Show
“Rubi-X Kube” - 80s Tribute Cabaret Show
Contemporary vocalist - covers of 60s to present day
- DUO BOOKING OPTIONS INCLUDE
“JD Jazz Duo” - either just electric jazz guitar and vocals for stripped back arrangements of jazz standards, or performing to professionally arranged backing tracks for a jazz quintet sound on a smaller scale/budget
“JD Uplugged” - an acoustic mix of contemporary and classics songs performed on acoustic guitar and vocals with minimal amplification; this option is ideal for garden parties, dinner parties, or a drinks reception post ceremony/before the wedding breakfast.
“JD Party Duo” - a mix of classic party hits from the 60s to present day, including Motown favourites, Disco floor fillers, Funk, Soul, Rock, and much more.