Based on the South Coast of England, I have been working as a professional Multi-Genre vocalist for over 15 years.
I perform regularly at a wide range of events including wedding receptions, private parties, corporate events, care homes, Masonic Ladies Nights, and other public and private gigs.
I am also available to book as a covers duo featuring live guitar - either as a fully acoustic duo, a jazz duo (with professional backings) or an easy listening duo (with professional backings)
I/we have performed regularly all over the UK and abroad, including the Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Dubai, the 'Don CeSar' Hotel, St Pete’s Beach, Florida, and private parties in Paris.
Copies of repertoires for both my SOLO and DUO options can be supplied on request.
David Newhouse• 2 Jul 2017
David Newhouse• 2 Jul 2017
We were looking for some live background music to be played on board the Princess Caroline Party ship for our wedding anniversary celebration. We found The JD Duo online contacted them with less than a week to go. They responded quickly, discussed our requirements and sent a great list of songs from their repertoire which we then chose our favourites. They arrived and set up before we were on board and proceeded to play three sets throughout the evening. They were perfect, great musicians and lo...
Daniel Watson (Santander Corporate Event)• 7 Oct 2017
I booked the JD Duo having seen them performing on board one of the Thames River Cruise boats a while back, and I must say they were absolute professionals and a joy to work with. I wanted a duo to provide some unobtrusive background music while the guests were arriving for our black tie ball, and Jamie and Debbie were perfect. They provided us with a mix of acoustic guitar and vocals to start with, then a second set of music with electric guitar and backing tracks - things like Bill Withers, Li...
CJ Reeves• 30 Sep 2017
A great evening! Debbie performed a marvellous variety of styles and songs from 40s swing and jazz to the 70s classics, all with great humour creating a marvellous atmosphere. The sound level was perfect - Debbie instinctively knows the perfect volume level for such an event, and everyone commented on how accommodating she was to all our requests. In short a great singer and entertainer, I am so very pleased I booked Debbie.
Richard Saunder, Allianz Engineering• 20 Jan 2017
I must express my thanks to Debbie. She did a great performance at our recent corporate dinner/dance and everyone genuinely enjoyed it. Which is a first for us!! The music was gauged perfectly all night - smooth and mellow to begin, followed by more up-tempo songs after dinner to get everyone up and dancing. I would have no hesitation is recommending you to others.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Breaks will be worked out in accordance with the number of live sets/how long you require music for across the evening/duration of the booking. Please get in touch at your earliest convenience to discuss your specific requirements.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If it is not a song I am able to perform for you (i.e. if its not in my range/I cannot source a good quality backing track to perform to) then the option to have me play the original version either during a break, or at a certain point before/during the live sets is always available. However, I always endeavour to learn tracks for clients as it is always beneficial to keep updating/increasing the repertoire anyway! :)
- How much space do you require?Approximately 6ft by 6ft is the usual required space.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I am a full member of the Musicians Union and as such have Public Liability insurance to the sum of £10,000,000. My equipment is tested annually and a PAT certificate can be supplied on request.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I am fully self-contained with full PA system of powered speakers and subwoofer (where required) plus 2 x floor flood lamps and 1 x 4-par can raised lighting rig available where required.
- How long do you play for?Each quote will be tailored to the clients individual requirements, but as a guide I perform live music for a maximum singing time of 2 hours. This can either be performed as 2x 1hr sets, 3 x 40 minute sets, or 4 x 30 minute sets across an evening. I can also be booked for shorter playing times, and these will be discussed at the point of the initial enquiry.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Preferred format of payment is cash on the day, or BACS no later than 48 hours before the date of performance. I'm afraid I do not accept cheque payments.
- Who are your previous clients?Fullers Brewery, Allianz Engineering, ITV, Park Resorts, Haven Holidays, Thistle Hotels, Macdonald Hotels, Best Western Hotels, HMS Nelson, Zizzi Restaurant Chain, Pizza Express Jazz, CityCruise Thames Riverboats, Harvester, RAF/Army/Navy Mess Events.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Birthday Parties, Engagement Parties, Corporate Events, Dinner Parties, Wine Bar/Restaurant residencies, Public events, Garden/House parties, Private Functions, Masonic Events, Care Homes.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?If you want an acoustic duo, as well as a jazz duo, as well as a party duo, as well as a background solo vocalist - just ask me. I can provide ALL this and much more.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing around the world including Dubai, Florida, Paris as well as many prestigious UK venues.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Fully self contained solo vocalist, or duo option - suitable for ALL occasions
- Full song repertoire/list can be supplied on request - both for Solo and Duo options.
- Available to book as fully self-contained Solo vocalist, or Duo with guitarist accompaniment
- I have full ...