BELOW The BORDER - Vintage Rock & Blues
Below the Border are a four piece rock / blues band who individually had notable musical careers in the 70s & 80s. Some of us had record contracts and appeared on vinyl albums - yes, we ARE that old!
Now we play for fun - in London music venues, in pubs, or at your party.
We cover our favorite classic rock & blues artists : Cream, Free, Rory Gallagher, David Bowie, T-Rex, The Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Faces, Steppenwolf, Steve Miller, Wilson Picket, BB King, Led Zeppelin, Canned Heat, The Who, Joe Cocker, Van Morrison, Gary Moore, Atomic Rooster, The Spencer Davis Group, etc., and we choose material that gets people dancing.
Our fee is inexpensive. We’ve had grown-up careers for decades. We do this for the playing and the reward of seeing audiences enjoying the band . . . so YOUR party could be night to remember!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Four Piece Vintage Rock & Blues Band comprising ex-pro recording artists
- What are the highlights of your career?Recording Contract, Touring, TV, Radio, playing town Halls and Universities around the UK
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our experience and playing ability. Outstanding Twin Lead Guitars. Great Vocals . . . Music that makes folk get up and dance
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private Parties, Music Venues, Festivals, Pubs
- Who are your previous clients?Individually, over the miles and years, we’ve played at universities & town halls around the UK; in London’s fashionable rock venues of the 70s & 80s such as the 100 club, The Rock Garden, The Golden Lion, The Half Moon Putney; at big stage Festivals around the UK and Europe; at Birmingham’s famous ‘Railway’ venue in Digbeth as well as Barbarela’s; in blues clubs in Chicago, in night clubs around Europe such as Spain’s prestigious Tito’s as well as at a number of black tie corporate shin-digs and weddings around the country.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We prefer money to beads and mirrors . . . and we ex-pro musicians so we’ve never accepted a cheque in our lives (perish the thought!) Usual payment methods are fine! Paypal, Bank Transfer, Cash
- How long do you play for?1 to 4 hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?yes - of course
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes of course
- How much space do you require?We have played big stages, tiny band stands in pubs, village halls, you name it - we just need enough space for 3 guitars and a drum kit
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?As long as its not Donald Trump's favourite tune or "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" we'll play it.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We dont decide that - you decide that
BELOW THE BORDER's SET LIST includes:-
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
All or Nothing – The Small Faces
Alright Now – Free
Badge - Cream
Back in the USSR - The Beatles
Black Magic Wo...